Walled kitchen gardens in West Oxfordshire

Tackley Park

Context
Tackley is seven kilometres north of Kidlington. Both the village's manor houses, the Manor House and Tackley Park, also known as Hill Court, have been demolished but their outbuildings, including a thatched barn and two dovecotes remain.

Description
The 1st ed. OS of 1881 shows the garden directly north west of the house, surrounded by parkland and about 500 metres south west of Tackley. The garden was irregular, with perimeter and central paths and some trees. There were two small yards to the south of the garden containing buidings and a glasshouse in the east yard.

Extant there remains the north and west walls, part of the east wall and the western yard with buildings.